PNR-EST call for research projects on the topic "Radiofrequencies and Health"
On 22 November 2018, ANSES launched a call for research projects (CRP) on the topic “Radiofrequencies and Health”. It is financed by funds entrusted to ANSES by the Ministry in charge of the Environment.
This call is issued within the framework of the National Research Programme for Environmental and Occupational Health (PNR-EST). This programme aims to motivate the scientific community to produce useful data at all stages of health risk assessment and thus to bring research and scientific expert appraisal closer together.
The selection process will be divided into two stages:
- an initial selection on the basis of letters of intent,
- a second round of selection based on complete applications.
The call for projects and the research questions
The scope and conditions are described in the text of the call for research projects. It is accompanied by alist of research questions that have been identified as priority areas for potential users of this research. Four research areas are being addressed:
- Mechanisms of action at the cellular level.
- Effect of radiofrequencies.
- Electromagnetic hypersensitivity.
- Characterisation of exposure.
Project submission terms
Letters of intent and complete applications must be submitted online:
The platform for the submission of 2019 applications has been operational since November 2018.
Provisional timetable for the call
- November 2018:Opening of the call.
- 5 February 2019 at noon:Deadline for submitting letters of intent.
- April 2019: Dissemination of the first selection result, based on the letters of intent, to project managers.
- 21 May 2019 at noon:Deadline for submitting complete applications.
- September 2018:Publication of the final selection results.
Letters of intent must be submitted online by the scientific project managers no later than 5 February 2019 at noon, French time.
For those whose letters of intent are selected, complete applications must be submitted by the scientific project managers:
1) Online, no later than 21 May 2019 at noon, French time.
2) The certificate that confirms the receipt of the application, is available on the platform when the application has been submitted. Apaper copy of this certificate, with all required signatures, must then be sent by post to the following address no later than 25 June 2019:
Applications that are incomplete, received after the deadline or do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
For administrative or scientific information, please contact the CRP’s support by e-mail (click here) or, if needed, by telephone at: +33 (0)1 56 29 18 88 or 52 86
- Before submission of the letter of intent or the full project, carefully read the text of the call, and in particular the "project eligibility criteria" section and the annexes including the list of research questions and chargeable expenses.
- Once finalised, submit the letter or the full project to ANSES online (remember to click on the "soumettre" button). You are strongly advised not to wait until the deadline.