Call for research proposals of the PNREST (National research program for environmental and occupational health): Radiofrequencies and Health
November the 26th, the ANSES launched a call for research proposals on the topic “Radiofrequencies and Health”. This call is funded by the product of a tax on radiofrequency transmitters.
This call is launched within the framework of the National Research Program for Environmental and Occupational Health (PNREST). This program aims to motivate scientific communities to produce useful data at all stages of health risk assessment and thus to bring together research and scientific expertise. More specifically, the present call aims to develop new investigations on research areas identified as insufficiently tackled in the “radiofrequency and Health expertise” published by Anses in October 2013.
The 2013 selection process will therefore be divided into two stages:
- an initial selection on the basis of letters of intent,
a second round of selection based on complete applications,
The call of proposals and the research items
The text of the call for research proposals presents the scope of the call and the conditions which must be fulfilled by projects. It is accompanied by a list of research items that have been identified as high-priority for potential users of this research.
Five research areas are addressed:.
- Action mechanism at the cellular level
- Effect of radiofrequencies
- Electro hypersensitivity,
- Effects of uses of new technologies
- Characterisation of exposure;
Proposal submission terms
Letters of intent and complete applications must be submitted using the online submission platform which is available on the websites of ANSES : http://recherche.anses.fr
The Research and Intelligence platform for the submission of 2013 applications will be operational in December 2013.
Provisional timetable for the call
- 26 November 2013 : Opening of the call.
- 21 January 2014 midday : Last date to submit letters of intent.
- 10 March 2014 : Dissemination of the first selection result to project managers
- 10 April 2014 midday : Last date to submit complete applications.
- End 2014 : Publication of the final selection results.
Letters of intent must be submitted online by the scientific project managers no later than 21 janvier 2014, midday French time.
For those whose letters of intent are selected, complete applications must be submitted by the scientific project managers :
All applications that are incomplete, received after the deadline or do not fulfil the eligibility criteria will not be evaluated.
For administrative or scientific information, please contact the CRP’s support unit by e-mail
- 1. 1. Before the submission of the letter of intent or of the full project, carefully read the text of the call and in particular the section « eligibility criteria » and annexes with the relevant research topics and « liste des chargeable expenses ».
- 2. 2. Submit the letter or the full project using the platform (don’t forget to click on the « soumettre » button). It is highly recommended not to wait the deadline .